- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.020,169
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt13,055
- iRacing.com to create virtual McLaren MP4-12C GT312,064
- Release Notes for 2012 Season 311,408
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner10,525
- The iRacing.com Protest System – May, 201210,320
- Building the iRacing System 1018,985
- Improving the Sound of iRacing7,616
- iRacing.com to Build Digital Honda for New Super GT Series7,372
- Two New Cars and Two New Tracks Coming to iRacing Soon6,750
- Towler, Wood Suspended from Upcoming iWCRR Events
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt
- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.0
- The iRacing.com Protest System - May, 2012
- Bathurst Coming to iRacing!
- iRacing Announces Added Features, Lower Prices
- iRacing's Corvette: Good Enough is Not Good Enough
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner
- No Obstacles Here
- iRacing Simulation Gives NASCAR Hall of Fame Guests Authentic Driving Experience
May 16th, 2013
McLaren believes its world championship challenge with Mercedes next year will not be compromised by its planned switch to Honda engines for 2015. The Woking-based outfit will have its final year as Mercedes customers with the new 1.6-litre turbo V6s in 2014, prior to embarking on its new Honda relationship for the following campaign. The challenges of adapting to the new regulations, and then changing power-units for 2015, will be great – but McLaren managing director Jonathan Neale is confident it has the strength in depth to avoid its on-track challenge being compromised
April 29th, 2013
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says plans to float the sport on the Singapore stock exchange are now back on course, having been delayed last year because of the worldwide economic crisis. Ecclestone and F1 co-owners CVC had been waiting for the right opportunity to resurrect the flotation plans, and both have now agreed that it will take place later this year. Speaking to The Daily Telegraph , Ecclestone said: “We have agreed to do it
April 17th, 2013
Force India has no concerns about returning to Bahrain this year even though a van carrying its personnel was caught up in a petrol bomb incident last year. The Silverstone-based squad opted to sit out Friday afternoon practice in 2012 to allow its personnel to return to the hotel before dark but participated in the rest of the event. Force India’s deputy team principal Bob Fernley does not expect there to be any significant problems this year even though he accepted that there was the potential for minor incidents
March 22nd, 2013
The Mercedes Formula 1 team has confirmed that Nick Fry will step down from his current role as CEO at the start of next month. As revealed by AUTOSPORT earlier on Friday, Toto Wolff will increase his responsibilities within the team while Fry retains a consultancy role for Mercedes
February 26th, 2013
Ross Brawn’s immediate future as team principal at Mercedes is not in doubt, insists its chairman Niki Lauda, despite Paddy Lowe planning to switch from McLaren. Speculation that Brawn will be stepping down from his role sooner rather than later grew after it emerged that McLaren technical director Lowe has agreed to join Mercedes at the start of next year.
February 5th, 2013
Marussia boss Graeme Lowdon says his team is financially “more comfortable than ever” ahead of the start of the 2013 Formula 1 season. Although the Banbury-based outfit lost the crucial 10th position in the constructors’ championship to Caterham in the final race of the 2012 season, Lowdon says there are sponsorship deals in place that are making the team’s future secure
February 4th, 2013
Michael Schumacher will stay involved with Mercedes, but in road car development rather than its Formula 1 team. When the German legend retired for a second time at the end of the 2012 season, Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn hinted that the seven-time champion would maintain an involvement with Mercedes. Schumacher returned as an advisor to Ferrari during his first F1 retirement from 2007-09, but Brawn said there would no repeat of this at Mercedes as Schumacher now had other interests
January 8th, 2013
Marussia believes Formula 1′s major regulation changes for 2014 need not price smaller teams out of the market if decisions are made wisely. F1 will switch to V6 turbos next year
January 3rd, 2013
Single-seater racer James Cole will switch to the British Touring Car Championship this season, driving one of Tony Gilham’s Vauxhall Insignias. Cole won the British Formula Ford title in 2009 before graduating to British Formula 3 and then Formula 2. The 24-year-old did not race last season, but will return in an NGTC Insignia, alongside Gilham’s other BTCC rookie Jack Goff.
December 15th, 2012
Peter Sauber believes that the biggest challenge facing contemporary Formula 1 is the need to cut costs. Sauber, who stood down as team principal of his eponymously-named outfit this year, believes that a budget cap would be an effective way of tackling this problem
October 25th, 2012
Mercedes boss Ross Brawn believes that the final hurdle to getting a Concorde Agreement is for the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone to resolve their differences – with him suggesting that the teams are now broadly in line. After a meeting in Paris on Monday that involved the F1 teams, FIA president Jean Todt and Ecclestone, Brawn said that there was general agreement from the competitors about the situation going forward. However, Brawn, who attended the meeting with Mercedes advisor Niki Lauda, suggested that a final few matters need sorting out between the sport’s chief, but he saw no reason why a solution could not be found soon.
October 23rd, 2012
Concorde Agreement discussions between Formula 1 teams, the FIA and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone look set to drag on for at least a few more weeks on the back of the latest meeting to try and reach a consensus. The FIA had said last month that it hoped to finalise a new deal before the end of October , but that target now looks set to be missed
September 8th, 2012
FIA president Jean Todt says there is no question that costs must be brought down in Formula 1 is the sport is to maintain its current grid. Amid ongoing discussions to frame a new Concorde Agreement from the start of next year, there has been an increased focus on ways to reduce expenditure in F1 – especially with new rules coming in for 2014
June 15th, 2012
The FIA is hoping to finalise the implementation of cost-control measures in Formula 1 for 2013 by the end of this month, the governing body said after a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Friday.
June 14th, 2012
FIA president Jean Todt says the governing body is intent on ensuring that costs are kept under control in Formula 1, amid concerns from some teams about a ramp up in expenditure for 2014. With outfits bracing themselves for a likely increase in the money needed for customer engine deals for the new V6 turbos from 2014, there have been some suggestions that the less well-financed outfits may struggle to find more money amid the current worldwide financial turmoil
June 12th, 2012
Ferrari has called on Formula 1′s bosses to take urgent action to prevent the sport being damaged by the fall out from the worldwide financial crisis. With several countries facing debt problems, and the future of the Eurozone being questioned, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo reckons that there must be no delay in F1 moving to reduce costs. “The world economic situation, and that of Europe in particular, is very serious and the world of Formula 1 cannot ignore the fact,” di Montezemolo told the official Ferrari website.
April 14th, 2012
Both McLaren and Mercedes insist that they are satisfied with the FIA’s decision to go ahead with next week’s Bahrain Grand Prix. Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn and his opposite number at McLaren Martin Whitmarsh are both happy to accept the sport’s governing body’s assurances that the race will be safe. “It is very difficult for us,” said Brawn
April 13th, 2012
The Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead as planned, the FIA announced on Friday, after promising that security in the Gulf state has been assured. Following weeks of uncertainty about the fate of the event, amid ongoing unrest in the kingdom, motor racing’s governing body ended speculation about the matter.
March 30th, 2012
Lucas di Grassi believes that continuing in his Pirelli test role will keep his driving sharp so that he is ready for a racing return in F1 if the chance arises.
March 25th, 2012
The FIA has confirmed that it is in talks with Bernie Ecclestone and Formula 1 teams about a future Concorde Agreement, even though it was not mentioned in a statement issued by him over the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend.