- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.020,238
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt13,113
- iRacing.com to create virtual McLaren MP4-12C GT312,077
- Release Notes for 2012 Season 311,417
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner10,562
- The iRacing.com Protest System – May, 201210,358
- Building the iRacing System 1019,037
- Improving the Sound of iRacing7,627
- iRacing.com to Build Digital Honda for New Super GT Series7,397
- Two New Cars and Two New Tracks Coming to iRacing Soon6,762
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt
- Coming Soon, the iRacing Driving School
- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.0
- Q&A with NiCWS Winner and Pro Road Racing Champion Richard Towler
- The iRacing.com Protest System - May, 2012
- Bathurst Coming to iRacing!
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner
- iRacing Simulation Gives NASCAR Hall of Fame Guests Authentic Driving Experience
- The Customer is (Nearly) Always Right
January 21st, 2013
GT1 world champion team Munnich Motorsport has confirmed it will switch to the World Touring Car Championship for 2013, as predicted by AUTOSPORT. The team will run three SEATs for team owner Rene Munnich plus its GT1 drivers’ champions Markus Winkelhock and Marc Basseng. Former rallycross driver Munnich raced a Special Tuning SEAT in last year’s Suzuka WTCC round as an exploratory outing while assessing a 2013 programme.
November 21st, 2012
Austin circuit boss Bobby Epstein has urged Formula 1 not to let the impetus of a successful United States Grand Prix go to waste if it wants to make a breakthrough in America. With the sport revelling after a sell-out crowd was treated to a thrilling race at the new Austin track , Epstein is convinced that next year’s event can be even better if the sport makes an effort to build on what has been created
November 14th, 2012
Graham Rahal says that the potential in the Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing team was the main spark behind his decision to join the team for the 2013 IndyCar season. The team confirmed Rahal’s multi-year deal today, bringing to an end the 23-year-old’s two-season stint with Ganassi
October 30th, 2012
Renault’s Formula 1 engine group is to undertake a management restructure with managing director Jean-Francois Caubet stepping down from his position after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Caubet, who has helped play a key role in establishing the Renault brand in Formula 1 since the French car manufacturer withdrew as a team owner in 2010, is retiring
October 15th, 2012
Ford will cease to have a factory presence in the World Rally Championship at the end of the 2012 season. A statement issued by Ford of Europe on Monday said that the decision had been taken due to the current economic climate, following a major review of its marketing activities in the continent. “Ford has a long and proud history in the WRC and this was not an easy decision,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe
July 30th, 2012
Three changes will be made to the Baltimore street circuit ahead of next month’s IndyCar race in an effort to encourage opportunities for overtaking.
May 16th, 2012
Peter Sauber has announced he is transferring a third of the stake in the Sauber Group to CEO Monisha Kaltenborn. Sauber, the founder, team principal and president of the board, will retain the other two thirds. India-born Kaltenborn, 41, was appointed CEO of the Swiss squad in 2010, following BMW’s exit from Formula 1
February 11th, 2012
The Milwaukee Mile has been added to the 2012 IndyCar Series calendar after a deal was completed for Michael Andretti’s Andretti Sports Marketing firm to promote the race.
September 27th, 2011
Red Bull Racing believes that Formula 1′s curfew regulations still need tweaking after the controversy at last weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix. Several F1 personnel were caught out by the timetable in Singapore and broke F1′s curfew – with Red Bull Racing, Mercedes GP and Virgin Racing all initially being told that they had used up one of their ‘jokers’ in the process. After complaining to the FIA and proving that the marketing personnel who had entered the track had nothing to do with the operation of the car, it was agreed that the outfits had not breached the rules.
September 25th, 2011
Red Bull Racing has managed to get one of its four curfew extensions back after successfully proving that the staff member who arrived at the track early on Saturday was not associated with the operation of its car. The Milton Keynes-based outfit was one of three teams that was deemed to have breached Formula 1′s curfew regulations when marketing staff were found to have entered the track before the 4pm cut-off point on qualifying day. The issue was of biggest concern to Red Bull Racing, because the curfew breach would have been the third of the four that it is allowed to have over the course of the season.
September 24th, 2011
Mercedes GP team principal Ross Brawn has called for a clarification of Formula 1′s curfew regulations, after his team was one of three outfits caught out when marketing staff entered the track early at the Singapore Grand Prix. The Brackley-based outfit joined Red Bull Racing and Virgin Racing in using up one of its four allowable curfews when it was discovered that marketing staff from the three outfits entered the circuit the track during a prohibited time.
July 14th, 2011
Renault has opened talks with its current engine partner to try and sort out a long-term extension of its deal that could boost efforts to bring a French driver back on to the Formula 1 grid. The Enstone-based outfit has a firm deal with Renault Sport until the end of 2013, and the team is interested in extending that partnership for when F1 switches to the new V6 power units the year after. Team principal Eric Boullier says that talks have begun with Renault about longer term plans, and admits they could play a part in efforts to boost the French presence in F1 – through both having a driver and a home race
April 21st, 2011
Retired double world champion Mika Hakkinen believes that Sebastian Vettel is driving with more confidence in 2011 now that he has a drivers’ title under his belt. Vettel has won two of the first three races and finished second in last weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix, which has given him a 19-point lead in this year’s championship over Lewis Hamilton.
April 14th, 2011
Indian Grand Prix officials are adamant the inaugural race will go ahead without problems when it makes its debut on the calendar later this year. “They are very keen to get it finished in the summer, they try to get it before the monsoon starts, but they will be ready in time,” Walter Kafitz, a consultant to the circuit, told AUTOSPORT. “I wasn’t in Korea, I just have heard it, but I am sure these problems I have heard (about) won’t occur.” The Korean Grand Prix faced months of uncertainty before the inaugural race took place, with the track still being worked on during the GP weekend.
February 1st, 2011
Car insurance firm and long-time Formula 1 sponsor Allianz will become a partner of the Mercedes GP team this year. In addition to Allianz branding appearing on the Mercedes W02′s HANS systems and seatbelts, the two companies will work together on a global road safety programme.
January 14th, 2011
Narain Karthikeyan is optimistic that his long absence from Formula 1 will not hamper him when he returns with Hispania this season. The Indian driver last raced in F1 with Jordan in 2005, and was an occasional Williams test driver in 2006 and ’07, but has not been involved in F1 since then, instead appearing in A1GP, the Le Mans Series, the Superleague Formula and the NASCAR Truck series. Karthikeyan believes his A1GP and Superleague outings have kept him sufficiently in touch with a single-seater driving style to swiftly settle back into F1.
December 14th, 2010
Korean Grand Prix organiser Yung Cho Chung says he has no doubts that his event has a bright future on the back of a boost from the government and a coveted award from the FIA. Chung was in Monaco last weekend to collect his Race Promoters’ Trophy at the FIA Prize Gala – awarded to him for the efforts that were made to get his grand prix track ready in time for last year’s inaugural F1 race
October 4th, 2010
After a very promising first half of the season, the Force India team has somewhat faded in the past few races. The Silverstone-based squad, however, remains adamant about its progress and is aiming for a stronger season in 2011. AUTOSPORT talked exslusively with the team’s CEO Otmar Szafnauer about this season and what’s in store for next year
October 4th, 2010
Renault boss Eric Boullier says Kimi Raikkonen’s interest in the team is flattering and shows that the French squad is on its way up. “Yes, it is because it shows that the work we’ve done this season is noticed and that we are considered a challenger for the championship in the future,” Boullier told the official Formula 1 website.
September 10th, 2010
WEST ALLIS, Wis. — When Randy Bernard took over as IndyCar Series CEO, he promised to make some bold moves to advance the series forward. He took a big step in that direction by returning to the sport’s roots by announcing a return to The Milwaukee Mile on the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series schedule