- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.020,189
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt13,066
- iRacing.com to create virtual McLaren MP4-12C GT312,070
- Release Notes for 2012 Season 311,411
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner10,532
- The iRacing.com Protest System – May, 201210,325
- Building the iRacing System 1018,999
- Improving the Sound of iRacing7,619
- iRacing.com to Build Digital Honda for New Super GT Series7,380
- Two New Cars and Two New Tracks Coming to iRacing Soon6,753
- Towler, Wood Suspended from Upcoming iWCRR Events
- Dave Kaemmer Comes Clean on Dirt
- iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.0
- The iRacing.com Protest System - May, 2012
- Bathurst Coming to iRacing!
- iRacing Announces Added Features, Lower Prices
- iRacing's Corvette: Good Enough is Not Good Enough
- 2011 World Tour of iRacing Schedule Announced
- Scanning What’s in Store for iRacing with Tony Gardner
- iRacing Poll on Possible Championship Points Structure Changes
May 15th, 2013
The FIA is presenting its plans for the immediate future of the World Rally Championship in Paris this week. Led by its rally director Jarmo Mahonen, the FIA has joined forces with WRC promoters Red Bull Media House and Sportsman Media and British sports consultancy firm Portas to produce a document outlining the way forward for the series. Mapping out the WRC’s future There had been growing disquiet in the service park surrounding the lack of movement from both the FIA and the promoters, but recent meetings have relieved that pressure
May 3rd, 2013
The DTM is set to ditch V8 engines in favour of two-litre turbos within three seasons as part its drive to become a global formula. The series has set a target of 2016 to go down the same route as Super GT in Japan, which next year will adopt small-capacity, direct-injection four-cylinder turbos for its GT500 class.
April 26th, 2013
Formula 1′s new cars are set to run for the first time in January next year as teams work on finalising a revamped pre-season build-up for the new 2014 regulations. With the switch to 1.6-litre V6 turbo power units prompting all-new cars for next season, teams have already been discussing a totally revised testing plan ahead of the campaign in a bid to ensure that everyone is as ready as possible for the first race.
April 19th, 2013
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is open to the idea of making the Bahrain Grand Prix the season opener again. With Bahrain’s track boss Zayed Alzayani saying he would be keen on the idea of his event becoming the first race again – as it was in 2006 and ’10 – Ecclestone himself has not ruled the idea out. “We could do, I suppose, couldn’t we?” Ecclestone said, speaking to reporters at the Bahrain GP on Friday.
April 17th, 2013
Alexander Rossi will return to GP2 racing after the Caterham team announced he will replace Ma Qing Hua from this weekend’s Bahrain race. American Rossi had been appointed as Caterham Formula 1 team’s reserve driver alongside Ma at the start of last month. On Wednesday, Caterham announced that Rossi will move to the GP2 squad for the remainder of the 2013 season, having missed the first race at Sepang
April 15th, 2013
Carlos Sainz Jr looks increasingly likely to join Red Bull junior stablemate Tom Blomqvist in EuroInternational’s European Formula 3 line-up, AUTOSPORT has learned. Sainz contested a race-winning dual campaign in British and European F3 last season, and is one of the expected pacesetters in the GP3 Series this season with MW Arden. He was present at last weekend’s Silverstone round of the FIA F3 European Championship, while EuroInternational’s spare Dallara-Mercedes lay in the awning – with a Red Bull livery
April 14th, 2013
Daniel Ricciardo – 7th: “I am really pleased to score my first points of the season and to confirm the qualifying performance.
April 11th, 2013
Kimi Raikkonen says he is open-minded about his plans for the 2014 Formula 1 season, amid new speculation linking him to a Red Bull future. With renewed focus on Red Bull’s driver line-up following Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber’s team orders furore in Malaysia, Red Bull chief Dietrich Mateschitz was quoted in the German media as saying Raikkonen was “always a candidate” for a seat in his squad. But Raikkonen said he was still far from entering into any talks over 2014 deals
March 23rd, 2013
Adrian Sutil believes Force India could have delivered another strong performance in qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix had it not rained. The German, who caused a stir when he led much of the Melbourne race last weekend, reckoned he was in the mix for a top five slot on the Sepang grid before the weather intervened
March 23rd, 2013
Charles Pic – 20th: “We had a very good FP3, really making progress, especially on the long runs, but I don’t think there was a lot more we could have done today in qualifying. I had a lot of understeer on my first run so we adjusted the pressures for the second run but I still couldn’t dial out the understeer so with the performance gap to the cars ahead we probably finished up about as well as we could have hoped.
March 18th, 2013
IndyCar refugee Ryan Briscoe looks set to contest the Le Mans 24 Hours for the first time this season. The former factory Porsche driver, who was left without an IndyCar drive after being released by Penske over the winter, is likely to be named as part of the Level 5 Motorsports LMP2 squad’s Le Mans line-up after a victorious debut with the team in last weekend’s Sebring 12 Hours. Team owner Scott Tucker has indicated that it is his intention to share his solo HPD ARX-03b at Le Mans with Briscoe and Marino Franchitti – a repeat of the winning Level 5 line-up at Sebring – but has so far stopped short of confirming them until he announces his plans for the remainder of the season.
March 5th, 2013
Plans to introduce a new-spec Indy Lights car will remain on hold until broader decisions are made about the general future of the IndyCar Series, according to Indy Lights director Tony George Jr. Manufacturers were invited to tender for the new chassis and engine package mid-way through last year, with the original intention of introducing the car in 2014 .
February 22nd, 2013
Formula Renault 3.5 champion Robert Frijns will drive for the Trident GP2 team in next week’s test at Jerez. The Dutchman, who is yet to announce his plans for this year after securing the FR3.5 crown last season, will be joined at the team by Frenchman Nathanael Berthon.
January 29th, 2013
A group of Canadian and American investors are pushing to try and secure HRT’s entry slot in Formula 1, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but they may have to wait until 2014 before being allowed to join the grid. Sources have revealed that negotiations to purchase the HRT company and secure an entry are at an advanced stage, and the plan for a team known as Scorpion Racing appears to have the blessing of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone. However, AUTOSPORT understands that the FIA believes the 12th entry slot for 2013 was closed off when it was informed at the end of last season that HRT had been liquidated
January 11th, 2013
Honda has revealed that Casey Stoner decided 2012 would be his MotoGP farewell as soon he won the ’11 title. HRC chief Shuhei Nakamoto said he spent several months trying to persuade the double world champion to reconsider before Stoner revealed in France last May that he would retire at the end of the year
January 10th, 2013
Pietro Fantin will partner Antonio Felix da Costa at Caterham Arden during the 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 season. Fantin, 20, will graduate to FR3.5 after finishing in sixth position in the 2012 British Formula 3 championship
January 3rd, 2013
Single-seater racer James Cole will switch to the British Touring Car Championship this season, driving one of Tony Gilham’s Vauxhall Insignias. Cole won the British Formula Ford title in 2009 before graduating to British Formula 3 and then Formula 2. The 24-year-old did not race last season, but will return in an NGTC Insignia, alongside Gilham’s other BTCC rookie Jack Goff.
January 2nd, 2013
Alex Zanardi says he is only interested in one-off racing events, after ruling out a full-season motorsport return in the near future.
November 26th, 2012
Michael Schumacher has hinted that he could retain a role with Mercedes now that he has retired from its Formula 1 team. The seven-time world champion bowed out of his three-year racing comeback with the squad at the end of Sunday’s Brazilian Grand Prix, where he finished seventh. Schumacher has not been drawn so far on his plans for his second retirement from F1
November 22nd, 2012
Mercedes is set to abandon its Coanda-effect exhaust for the final race of the season in a bid to try and get a better understanding of its tyre situation. After Nico Rosberg reverted to the non-Coanda design in Austin to assist the team’s 2013 development programme, the team has elected to switch both its drivers to the old version for the final weekend of the season.