August 21st, 2013
Antonio Felix da Costa believes that his recent mechanical gremlins in Formula Renault 3.5 should be solved following a short test in the series’ summer break. Red Bull junior da Costa endured one of his worst weekends of the season at his backer’s home race in Austria last time out, where he suffered a loss of oil in the first race and his engine shut down on the grid for race two. While da Costa initially suspected the problem was engine-related, a test at an airfield this month confirmed that the problem was related to the car’s electrics and the ‘Supercaps’ system that is on the car instead of a traditional battery.
July 24th, 2013
Antonio Felix da Costa has conceded that his Formula Renault 3.5 title hopes are over following a disastrous weekend in Austria.
July 18th, 2013
Antonio Felix da Costa has told his Red Bull bosses that he now feels ready for a step up to Formula 1 after completing his testing duties at Silverstone this week. The Portuguese was given a day-and-a-half of running with Red Bull and, as well as setting competitive times, stayed out of trouble to get through his programme.
July 17th, 2013
Red Bull protege Antonio Felix da Costa says improving his Formula Renault 3.5 form, rather than the post-Mark Webber driver reshuffle, is critical to his 2014 Formula 1 hopes. After a stellar 2012 season in which took more FR3.5 wins than anyone else despite missing five races, finished third in GP3 and then won the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix , da Costa was tipped for an early F1 promotion with Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso.
July 17th, 2013
James Calado put Force India on the top of the timesheets on the opening morning of this year’s Formula 1 young driver test at Silverstone.
July 16th, 2013
Davide Rigon and Felipe Massa will carry out testing duties for Ferrari during Formula 1′s upcoming young driver test at Silverstone. Rigon, who is part of Ferrari’s young driver programme, will be in action all three days, with Massa only driving on Friday morning to work with Pirelli’s tyres. Rigon, 26, had already driven for Ferrari in last year’s young driver test at Magny-Cours.
July 16th, 2013
Daniel Ricciardo will drive for Red Bull in the Silverstone young driver test tomorrow. The Australian, who will also appear for Toro Rosso on Thursday afternoon, is a leading contender to take Mark Webber’s race seat next year
June 28th, 2013
Carlos Sainz Jr will make his Formula 1 testing debut when he joins Antonio Felix da Costa in the Red Bull line-up for next month’s young driver test at Silverstone. Sainz, son of World Rally legend Carlos, is currently racing in GP3. The 18-year-old will drive on the final day of the July 17-19 test, after da Costa has had the car for the first two.
June 22nd, 2013
Formula Renault 3.5 championship leader Kevin Magnussen has been stripped of his two qualifying fastest laps by Moscow Raceway stewards, having been judged to have unfairly blocked rival competitors. The Dane was deemed to have impeded title contender Antonio Felix da Costa and Carlin driver Carlos Huertas, a breach of article 24.16 of the sporting regulations, and receives a penalty for each offence. Magnussen had qualified in third place behind his championship rivals Stoffel Vandoorne and da Costa for Saturday afternoon’s opening race of the weekend.