iRacing is seeking a VFX artist to help create and maintain particle and other effects in our racing sim. As a VFX artist, you will be responsible for creating realistic and visually believable real-time effects for the racetracks, racecars, and other areas of our racing simulation game. Your work will breathe life into the game world and create a more immersive experience for the user.
– Create stunning VFX for the sim, including but not limited to: environmental VFX, weather effects, backfires, fireworks, and other various effects that combine to create the impression of a fully immersive real world.
– Prototype effect ideas while striving to innovate the effect process.
– Create 3D and 2D assets for use in your effects.
– Generation of flipbooks.
– Work directly with in-engine shader tuning.
– Extensive use of PopcornFX, the middleware particle system we’ve integrated with our sim.
– Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards.
– Partner closely with the team Art Director, Technical Art Director, engineering and other artists to come up with creative solutions to VFX requests.
– Ability to be a generalist and tackle multiple facets of a project.
– Collaborate with other FX artists to share techniques, assets and ideas.
– Identify and recommend new effects, techniques, and ways to improve the sim.
– Work with a dedicated team who is passionate about what they do.
– 3+ years experience as a professional game developer.
– Extensive use of PopcornFX (or equivalent VFX product)
– Experience working within a game engine to tune visual effects.
– Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance.
– Strong understanding of how to create photo realistic effects.
– A good understanding of physics, motion and animation techniques.
– Mastery of software packages needed to create the artwork that supports these effects, such as Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Maya, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
– Technically and creatively inclined with a strong artistic vision.
– Experience with Python and VEX a plus.
– BFA in the arts, or equivalent art training a plus.
– Understanding of motorsports a plus.
Location: Position is based in our Chelmsford, MA office. Candidate must possess any required visas or working papers to work in the United States
Send your resume cover letter to Greg Hill at Greg.Hill@iRacing.com