Anyone can race
Most current-gen PCs (Windows- or Linux-based), and Macs (two to three years old), will perform effectively on iRacing.com. In the event that a member owns an older computer, an upgraded graphics card could potentially be all that is required to enable the iRacing online driving simulator to operate successfully.
However, the member will require a controller to enjoy the full range of experiences afforded by iRacing’s racing simulator. Currently, there are several options available, accommodating nearly any budget. A host of steering wheel/pedal combos, gamepads, joysticks, mouse-based control systems, and any version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, supporting touch screen driving are compatible with iRacing.com.
For the most intense online racing experience, however, iRacing suggests a force-feedback steering wheel/pedal control system, when compared with other types of controllers. Some suggested, readily available forced feedback/pedal sets combo are listed below.
iRacing.com also supports the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive virtual reality headsets for people looking for an even more immersive driving experience.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support staff at email@example.com. They will be happy to assist you.
Steering wheel and pedal sets start at around $99 and go up from there. Commonly used steering/wheel pedal sets include:
Gamepad / Joystick
A quality gamepad can be purchased for as little as $19.99. Some commonly used controllers:
Race on an Intel Ultrabook with touch control.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- 64-bit Windows
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 or better or AMD Bulldozer or better
- 8 GB of RAM
- NVidia GeForce 2xx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory, AMD 5xxx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory or better
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4200+ or better, with 8GB of system RAM
- 10 GB of free disk space
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat
- iRacing can be run with Apple’s Boot Camp utility. For more information on installing Windows on an Apple Computer, please see your MAC user guide or this site.
- Steering wheel, analog gamepad, joystick, mouse, or any version of Windows supporting touch screen driving.
Internet Browser Requirements
- Firefox 15, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome 20 or newer
- Cookies enabled
- Flash Player
Internet Connection Speed
- DSL, Cable, Fiber, 128K or faster – Supported. Satellite is not supported.