Anyone can race
Most newer PCs (two to three years old) will operate the iRacing.com system. In the case of older PCs, an upgraded graphics card is normally all that is necessary in order to enable the computer to run iRacing.com.
One thing you will need is a controller, and there are several options which will accommodate just about any budget. Steering wheels, gamepads, joysticks, mouse driving, or any version of Windows supporting touch screen driving are all compatible with iRacing.com, so you can spend as little or as much as you want on hardware in order to compete with more than 40,000 iRacers around the world.
In terms of having the best virtual racing experience however we do suggest a force feedback steering wheel over other types of controllers. Most wheels on the market today also come with a pedal set which is also needed. Some suggested, readily available forced feedback/pedal sets combo are listed below.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support staff at email@example.com. They will be happy to assist you.
Steering wheel and pedal sets start at around $99 and go up from there. Suggested steering/wheel pedal sets include:
Gamepad / Joystick / Touch
A quality gamepad can be purchased for as little as $19.99. Suggestions include:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 or higher
- NVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 or above graphics adapter recommended
- 2 GB system RAM
- 6 Gb free hard disk space
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat
- Steering wheel, analog gamepad, joystick, mouse, or any version of Windows supporting touch screen driving.
Internet Browser Requirements
- Firefox 15, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome 20 or newer
- Cookies enabled
- Flash Player
Internet Connection Speed
- DSL, Cable, Fiber, 128K or faster – Supported. Satellite is not supported.
- 56K dial-up at a minimum, Broadband (DSL or Cable) highly recommended. Satellite broadband excluded.
Apple/Mac Computers (MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro) will work with iRacing provided they meet the above hardware requirements and have a valid version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 installed using Apple’s Boot Camp utility. For more information on installing windows on an Apple Computer, please see your MAC user guide or this FAQ. Note: iRacing does not support MAC OS X.