Anyone can race
Most current generation PCs will perform effectively on iRacing.com. In the event that a member owns an older computer, an upgraded graphics card could potentially be all that is required to enable the iRacing online driving simulator to operate successfully. Mac users can run iRacing using Windows on Bootcamp.
However, the member will require a controller to enjoy the full range of experiences afforded by iRacing’s racing simulator. Currently, there are several options available, accommodating nearly any budget. A host of steering wheel/pedal combos, gamepads, joysticks, mouse-based control systems, and any version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, supporting touch screen driving are compatible with iRacing.com.
For the most intense online racing experience, however, iRacing suggests a force-feedback steering wheel/pedal control system, when compared with other types of controllers. Some suggested, readily available forced feedback/pedal sets combo are listed below.
iRacing also supports many Virtual Reality headsets including popular models form Oculus and HTC.
To determine your system’s hardware compatibility with iRacing, you can use this system requirements checker.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be happy to assist you.
Steering wheel and pedal sets start at around $99 and go up from there. Commonly used steering/wheel pedal sets include:
Virtual Reality (VR)
iRacing supports the Oculus HMDs and Open VR HMDs. Some commonly used VR headsets include:
Oculus Rift (CV1, S)
HTC Vive (and Vive Pro)
Pimax (5k and 8k)
Gamepad / Joystick
A quality gamepad can be purchased for as little as $19.99. Some commonly used controllers:
Race on an Intel Ultrabook with touch control.
Minimum System Requirements
***These are our minimum requirements, just meeting these will produce graphics at our minimum in test mode***
- Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Windows 10 64-Bit
- 64-bit Windows
- 4 core CPU or better – Some examples (but not limited to): AMD FX-6300, Intel Core i5-4430, Intel Core i5-2320, AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- 8 GB of RAM
- A gaming graphics card with at least 2GB of DEDICATED memory – Some examples (but not limited to): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550 or better
- 10 GB of free disk space (40 GB for all cars and tracks)
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat
**Note that in order to get the full dirt visual experience on iRacing you will need a computer that is capable of running graphics shaders at medium to high settings. Please contact our support team at email@example.com if you have questions about your PC.
- iRacing can be run with Apple’s Boot Camp utility. For more information on installing Windows on an Apple Computer, please see your MAC user guide or this site.
- Steering wheel, analog gamepad, joystick, mouse, or any version of Windows supporting touch screen driving.
Internet Browser Requirements
Internet Connection Speed
- DSL, Cable, Fiber, 256K or faster – supported. Medium & High Earth Orbit Satellite is not supported.