The next generation of Racing
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox. iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 65,000 members and growing every day.
iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits.
Senior Environment/Material artist
Senior Environment/Material artist
This position will be part of our racetrack art team, which is responsible for the creation and upkeep of the hundreds of racetracks in the iRacing content portfolio. This role reports to the VP of Art and Production and is located in Bedford, MA.
As a Senior Environment/Material artist, you will collaborate with a small interdisciplinary team of artists and developers to create exceptional and lifelike artwork. It is expected that you will be able to take your assets all the way from reference materials collected in the field, through modeling and texturing, and ultimately to final placement in the racetrack environments. This role requires a keen understanding of the natural environment, lighting, and placement, while having the artistic ability to create artwork that is representative of that understanding. Your deliverables will primarily be 2D textures, but the role requires extensive 3D modeling ability to be used during the creation of these textures. As a senior artist, you will be expected to be capable of creating artwork that is benchmark level for the rest of the product and help us push to continuously improve the visual quality of iRacing.
· In this position your primary responsibility will be the creation of high resolution tileable racetrack materials. Examples of such materials include asphalt of various compositions and conditions, concrete, grass, dirt, painted road lines, concrete walls, tire barriers, Armco barriers, gravel traps, racing curbs, racing rumble strips, and more. Your task will include the creation of these materials, and also the placement of them on track geometry using our proprietary track creation tools.
· Collaboration with the team, including the ability to both receive feedback from the leads, and also mentor other artists.
· Participate in the R&D of new techniques and art tools to use in the creation of new methods and product features.
· Ensure that the artistic style of your deliverables is consistent with that of the product as a whole and that set by the art leads.
· Excellent modeling and texturing skills using Autodesk 3D Studio Max (or equivalent) and Adobe Photoshop.
· 5+ years experience working in game development
· Proven track record with at least 2 shipped titles
· Experience with Zbrush
· Extensive experience with physically-based-rendering
· An in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques
· Ability to prioritize tasks and take on more than one project at a time
· Experience retopologizing meshes and baking 3D meshes to texture.
· Photogrammetry experience. To achieve the fidelity required for this position, many of your materials will start from photogrammetry 3D high resolution meshes. Experience with photogrammetry and the workflow of turning photogrammetric reference into in-game assets is a huge plus.
· Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
· A traditional art background
· A background capturing your own reference with photography, and a high-level understanding of cameras.
Or, email your resume to email@example.com
Customer Support Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA. This is in office position. Not a remote position.
Status: Part-time potentially turning into Full time
Education Required: High School Diploma minimum
Experience Level: Entry Level
Travel Required: Limited
Company Description: iRacing.com creates the world’s most authentic racing simulation software. We organize real-time, online racing, for virtual and real racers and expand motorsport. For more information about iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC, please visit our website at www.iracing.com
Job Description: Looking for a team player who enjoys working with customers to solve problems and strives for excellence.
- Assist with and resolve a wide variety of customer issues via phone and email
- Log and keep records of customer queries
- Troubleshoot system and/or network problems.
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Provide communication to customers on new policies & procedures
- Analyze incoming tracking data and ensure accuracy
- Assist with rollout and implementation of new software projects
- Voice concerns and suggest creative ideas to streamline internal processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist new members with the installation and comprehension of our software.
- Acts as liaison between Developers and Customers.
- Team oriented
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the changing environment
- Able to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook or other similar software packages
- Familiarity with Customer Service Software (the customer relationship management tool). Microsoft CRM or something similar a plus.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the completion of company and departmental goals
- Ability to take ownership and balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data entry skills
Sim racing or Gaming interest is a plus but not necessary.
iRacing provides a rewarding environment and competitive salary and benefit package
Please Email Resumes to: (No phone calls please)
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC
34 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Or, email your resume to email@example.com
Community and User Experience Manager
Location: Bedford, MA
iRacing.com has an exciting opportunity for a Community and User Experience Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is creative and well-versed in racing games. The candidate is experienced in user experience, support tools and materials for customers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for day-to-day improvements of customer experience.
- Responsible to monitor and assist with key races and events
- Assist with eSports including design, logistics, communication, rules administration, officiating and race review
- Daily proactive communication with the community on forums and social media.
- Assist daily with community questions and public relations
- Manage and update user guide and other resource documents, websites and FAQ’s.
- Create new assets to assist in the customer experience. Ability to make complicated features and large amounts of information easily digestible.
- Take a role in the design and user-experience process for existing features, new features and the game UI with executives, designers, web developers and engineers.
- Take a lead role in creating driving and educational materials to improve racing skills and comfort in the sim for new customers.
- Help promote racing in general using various tools to stimulate and increase participation
- Assist in supporting several areas including marketing, customer engagement and special events.
- Assist in developing rules, process and documentation for iRacing
- Assist in developing programs and strategies to include fan engagement including social media.
- Provide industry insights as input into the overall strategy
- Help develop strategies for engaging gaming and racing communities around the world.
- Assist with overall sim testing, user experience and community as needed.
- Looking for team player, willing to help with general marketing tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Marketing, Media, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Experience creating, monitoring, and managing user experience focus groups or other such measures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience. Working in a user experience role, education or support role, race gaming publisher, game publisher or relevant.
- Ability to make complicated features and large amounts of information easily digestible.
- A racing fan, experience in the racing industry or racing enthusiast
- Experience with live events or trade show type settings a plus with an eye also towards user-experience.
- Experienced real-world racer, race gamer or sim racer.
- Experience in competitive race gaming, professional race gaming, leagues and tournaments a plus.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities to achieve the most favorable outcome.
- Excellent writing skills and editorial acumen.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong understanding and skills for all social media platforms.
- Detail-orientated, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and take initiative
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and relationship building skills.
- Innovative leader committed to delivering results. Positive and high energy.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment
- Capable of working non-standard hours at certain times such as nights, weekends, and travel as needed.
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VFX artist, you will be responsible for creating realistic and visually believable real-time effects for the racetracks, racecars, and other areas of our racing simulation game. You will play a key role in identifying areas to focus on both in the near term and the future, and you will work and or/collaborate to create and maintain them.
– Create and tune effects ranging from grass and dirt thrown by a car’s tires, to backfires, fireworks, heat haze, rain, leaves, insects, and other various effects that combine to create the impression of a fully immersive real world.
– Create 3D and 2D asset for use in your effects
– Work directly with in-engine shader tuning
– Extensive use of PopcornFX, the middleware particle system we’ve integrated with our sim.
– Identify and deal with technical issues, performance balancing, and optimization
– Frequent collaboration with the Art Director, Technical Art Director, engineering and other artists.
– Ability to be a generalist and tackle multiple facets of a project
– Identify and recommend new effects, techniques, and ways to improve the sim
– 5+ years experience as a professional game developer
– Previous experience with PopcornFX, Houdini, or similar particle-based effects systems
– Experience working within a game engine to tune visual effects
– An ability to create lifelike and believable effects which you can demonstrate with a strong portfolio
– Mastery of software packages needed to create the artwork that supports these effects, such as Maya, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
– Technically and creatively inclined with a strong artistic vision
– BFA in the arts, or equivalent art training a plus.
– Your resume
– A portfolio website or demo reel link
– Cover letter which should include why you are interested in working at iRacing
Or, email your resume to email@example.com