The next generation of Racing
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox. iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 70,000 members and growing every day.
iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA
Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Status: Full Time
We are seeking a point-person to integrate into our team to focus on testing, development support, bug database management, and reporting, updating, and tracking of all software bugs for iRacing. With moderate direction and supervision, as well as collaboration with developers, our Alpha test community, and the iRacing community at large, this individual will manage the entire life cycle of reported software bugs until they are fixed and deployed to our live customer environment. The Quality Assurance Specialist will also be responsible for further development of testing and QA processes and policies. They will assist with new feature testing, and work cooperatively and productively with our team of software engineers, web engineers, customer service professionals, design team, management, and our Alpha test community. It will be this person’s responsibility to evaluate, track, manage, and help prioritize issues and projects in development to keep iRacing on track.
- Responsible for following and setting up test processes and procedures.
- Play a leading role in regular feature testing.
- Review, validate, report, and assign software bugs.
- Managing the bug reporting pipeline.
- Manage new and existing issues and provide reports on a regular basis.
- Develop testplans for new content and features, and reports that are clear, concise, and convey all necessary information to make informed project and deployment decisions.
- Prioritize testcases and bugs based on shifting priorities, project timelines, and requirements.
- Evaluate, manage, and help with priority and assignment of bugs to engineers.
- Actively track and manage all bugs until corrected, rolled out to customers, and closed.
- Assist with QA testing for new features in our Alpha test environment.
- Assist with member feedback for product improvement and product design.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
A minimum of college-level coursework related to project management and software development, or equivalent level of skill through on-the-job training, experience, and seminars. College undergraduate degree in technology or software fields preferred. The candidate must also be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum 2 years QA application testing and/or equivalent application knowledge.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Basic understanding of test methodologies and testing processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of motorsports strongly preferred.
- Extensive gaming background, especially racing games, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of software development, web technologies, JIRA, automation tools, and software version control strongly preferred. Programming and/or 3D art skills also a plus.
- Proficient or having a desire to learn scripting languages and test automation tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, strong work ethic, and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills conducive to working in a team environment, including with other individuals online.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com.
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org