Porsche SimRacing Summit – A gathering of the world’s fastest SimRacers
Porsche and iRacing have partnered to create an eSports tournament where you can win a trip to the Porsche Factory in Leipzig Germany and compete for cash prizes totaling €30,000.
Online qualifying will be split into two portions utilizing iRacing’s Time Attack competitions. The first will begin on November 30, 2018, and run through December 3, 2018 at 23:59 GMT. The second Time Attack qualifier will run from December 5 through December 9 at 23:59 GMT. Two separate Time Attacks will give you an opportunity to prove you are one of the fastest virtual Porsche racers in the world.
The top 15 qualifiers from each Time Attack will be invited to compete live, at the Porsche Factory in Leipzig, Germany on December 15 and 16.
Prizes & Winnings
There will be a prize money pool of €30.000 and we developed exciting rules and regulations for the competition with three rounds of action-packed races. Of course, we will not only get into gear in the virtual world but also use the race circuit of Porsche Factory Leipzig to let you experience Porsche cars on the track.
- 1st place: 15,000 € (7,500 € each)
- 2nd place: 10,000 € (5,000 € each)
- 3rd place: 5,000 € (2,500 € each)
You can find the complete rulebook and more info here.
How to Qualify
To qualify online, log into your iRacing member accounts and select “Beta UI” at the top of the screen. Then choose Time Attacks and select the corresponding Time Attack competition. iRacing will automatically keep track of your time and the top 15 from each Time Attack week will earn invitations to the live event in Leipzig, Germany on December 15 and 16. Only the times from iRacing members who meet the qualifications for the contest will be considered for the prize(s).
Qualifying Time Attack Competitions:
- Porsche SimRacing Summit Laguna Seca
- Porsche SimRacing Summit Brands Hatch
Vehicle: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
- Setup: fixed setup
- Tracks: Laguna Seca & Brands Hatch
- Mode: Time Attack
- Top 15 qualifiers from each track (30 drivers in total) will be invited to the final event. If drivers qualify on both tracks, the worse score is canceled and the drivers placed behind move one position at a time
- 2 wild card entry slots will be provided for the competition
- Qualified drivers will receive a confirmation within 72 hours after the end of the online qualification. Every qualified driver needs to confirm or decline his participation in Leipzig within another 72 hours after they received their confirmation.