April 7th, 2020 by Chris Leone
Six-race series to feature world-class racers battling for $10,000 purse for charity
Starting on Friday, April 10, the world’s top rallycross drivers and a host of crossover all-stars from NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA, and more will do battle on iRacing in the Subaru iRX All-Star Invitational presented by Yokohama. Action sports legend Travis Pastrana, four-time US rallycross champion Scott Speed, and FIA World Rallycross superstar Andreas Bakkerud will take on motorsport all-stars like 2016 NHRA Funny Car champion Ron Capps, three-time Mint 400 winner Justin Lofton, two-time Supercross 450 champion Chad Reed, and 2016 Indianapolis 500 champion Alexander Rossi.
The six-event championship will see races take place on Fridays beginning at 6PM ET/3PM PT. The series will kick off with a visit to Hell Lankebanen in Norway, iRacing’s newest rallycross track, and visit its most popular layouts before returning to Hell for the season finale. The Subaru iRX All-Star Invitational presented by Yokohama schedule is as follows:
- April 10: Hell Lankebanen
- April 17: Daytona International Speedway (short)
- April 24: Sonoma Raceway
- May 1: Lucas Oil Raceway
- May 8: Atlanta Motor Speedway (long)
- May 15: Hell Lankebanen
Points will be tracked throughout the season, with a champion crowned at the end of the campaign. Drivers will be competing for a $10,000 purse that will be donated to charity on their behalf, with more information on charitable beneficiaries revealed prior to the first race.
Drivers that have been invited to compete in the Subaru iRX All-Star Invitational presented by Yokohama include not only the top talents in rallycross from around the world, but also a list of racing superstars from backgrounds as varied as NASCAR, Formula Drift, and Monster Jam. In addition, multiple Star Car initiatives have been planned, with announcements forthcoming.
The full list of invitees is as follows:
- Chris Atkinson, Nitro Rallycross
- Andreas Bakkerud, FIA World Rallycross
- Cabot Bigham, Nitro Rallycross
- Christian Brooks, US rallycross Lites and Formula 4
- Ron Capps, NHRA
- Conor Daly, IndyCar
- Mitchell deJong, US rallycross
- Tanner Foust, Nitro Rallycross
- Vaughn Gittin Jr., Formula Drift and Ultra 4
- Colton Herta, IndyCar
- James Hinchcliffe, IndyCar
- Parker Kligerman, NASCAR
- Justin Lofton, Trophy Truck
- Conner Martell, US rallycross Lites
- Tyler Menninga, Monster Jam
- Travis Pastrana, Nitro Rallycross, Nitro Circus, and American Rally Association
- Travis PeCoy, US rallycross
- Chad Reed, Supercross
- Alexander Rossi, IndyCar
- Patrik Sandell, Nitro Rallycross
- Brandon Semenuk, American Rally Association
- Scott Speed, Nitro Rallycross
- Sami-Matti Trogen, FIA World Rallycross RX2
- Ryan Truex, NASCAR
- Blake “Bilko” Williams, Nitro Circus and US rallycross
Subaru iRX All-Star Invitational presented by Yokohama races will be streamed across iRacing’s social media platforms, with live streaming simulcasts on the Facebook pages of competitors, teams, and sponsors. Championship Online Racing Teams (CORT), one of iRacing’s best-established racing leagues, will provide officiating and broadcast support for the six-race series.
For more information about Subaru Motorsports USA, visit www.subaru.com/motorsports. For more information about Yokohama, visit www.yokohamatire.com. For more information on iRacing and for special offers, visit www.iracing.com.