1. The competition is open to invited participants who fulfil the entry criteria described below.
2. To enter this competition Entrants must: (a) be 18 or over; (b) hold a valid passport and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to enter the United Kingdom within 4 weeks of notification of entry and provide simulator services to McLaren if successful in winning the competition; (c) have not been convicted of any criminal offences, other than driving offences which have not resulted in a ban or more serious sentence in any country in the world; (d) be in good general health to take part in the Competition; (e) not have an existing racing or simulator contract with any motorsports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with their ability to accept the Prize; (f) not be an employee of a McLaren competitor in Formula One; and (g) not an employee of McLaren (or its subsidiaries) or IDEAS+CARS as of the date of the Competition.
3. By entering the Competition each Entrant undertake that they meet the above entry requirements. The Promoter and McLaren Racing reserve the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants at any time during the Competition or Prize (e.g. by requesting copies of Entrants’ passports, driving licences, visas where applicable and requesting entrants to undergo a medical if required). Failure to comply with any verification procedures or failure of any required checks operated by the Promoter or McLaren will result in disqualification from the Competition and/or withdrawal of the Prize. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Entrant to participate in the Competition and/or Prize, the Promoter’s decision shall be final.
3. Entry Period
Entry invitations and qualifying events into the Competition will take place between May 2017 and October 2017 (Entry Period).
4. Entry Mechanics
1. There will be two ways to enter the Competition
(a) Invitation from the Promotor as a recognised top performer in the field of online racing. A panel of judges comprising recognized experts in the field of online racing will be nominated by the Promoter. The panel will select the top performers based on past performance, reputation and success in previous series/championships/events across all recognized racing platforms on PC and console to achieve a spread of finalists from across the key titles. Six finalists will be invited to attend the Competition. Should a top performer decline the invitation, further invitations will be issued until the six places are filled. There will be no league, points system or ranking. There will be no appeals process. The decision of the panel is final.
(b) Through organised qualifying events held between June 2017 and October 2017. Qualifying events will be run independently from the Competition by third party promoters agreed by the Promoter and McLaren. Formats of the qualifying events will vary and the regulations, qualifying criteria and entry dates will be the responsibility of the third-party promoter. The third-party promoter will be responsible for issuing event criteria and managing the event in order to ensure that their ‘winner’ conforms will all the terms and conditions set out herein. These events will be announced by McLaren, the Promoter and the third party promoter between June and August 2017.
2. The Competition will be governed by a Participation Agreement, the content of which will (amongst other things) require Entrants to (a) confirm their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions; (b) commit to attending and participating in the entire interview process of at least 5 days at the McLaren Technology Centre, Woking, Surrey, UK in November 2017; two of the finalists will also be required to travel to Abu Dhabi between 22-29 November 2017 (c) commit to taking part full time in all necessary training and gaming events in relation to this Competition; (d) consent to being interviewed, photographed and filmed during all stages of the Competition and Prize and for any resultant footage, stills and audio to be used by the Promoter and McLaren, for their own promotional purposes in connection with the Competition, the Prize and/or the Game, in perpetuity, in all media; (e) signing a legally binding contract with the Promotor to cover the competition period and a subsequent period to be defined.
- The following shall be arranged for the qualifying Competition finalists: (a) economy class flights from an international airport in the finalist’s country, or standard fare train/coach travel as applicable or appropriate, to and from McLaren Technology Centre; (b) transfers to and from McLaren Technology Centre to and from the relevant airport, train or coach station, as applicable; (c) local accommodation for the interview process; (d) meals and refreshments during the interview process. For the avoidance of doubt the The finalist is responsible for transport to and from their home and their nearest international airport or train/coach station. We also strongly recommend that all finalists have in date travel insurance.
5. The Prize
1. The Winner of the Competition will be notified via email by the Promoter as soon as practicable after the Competition has taken place and invited to sign an agreement with McLaren relating to the prize.
2. The Winner must sign this contract within seven days of contract being sent to the Winner by McLaren.
3. In the event that the Winner fails to claim their Prize within the relevant deadline, or is disqualified from the Competition for failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may at its discretion select a substitute Entrant to become the Winner. Such substitute Entrant will have participated in the same Competition and will have have achieved the next best overall performance in the Competition judged at the Promotor and McLaren’s discretion.
1. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or any entry instructions will be accepted.
2. The Promoter and McLaren cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside the Promoter’s or McLaren’s reasonable control.
3. The Promoter and McLaren reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if: (a) it has reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has not fulfilled all the relevant entry criteria; (b) has supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information; (c) is in breach of these Terms and Conditions; (d) has failed to abide by any reasonable instructions given by the Promoter and/or McLaren or their representatives during the Competition or the Prize; (e) has failed to compete in the spirit of fair play.
4. The decision of the judges is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or in its absolute discretion if it so wishes to do so, the Promoter and/or McLaren reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of it) for an alternative of equal or greater value or to amend, alter or cancel the Competition. No cash alternative will be offered. In the event of cancellation/amendment of the Competition or substitution of the Prize, the parties expressly agree that, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws, the Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. In the event that an Entrant or the Winner is disqualified or is unable to attend any part of the Competition or Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to appoint a substitute Entrant selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, (i) an Entrant can withdraw from participating in the Competition and/or the Prize at any stage; (ii) the Promoter and McLaren reserve the right to disqualify an Entrant at any stage in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and (iii) any Entrant who withdraws or is disqualified shall not be entitled to any compensation in relation to such withdrawal or disqualification.
6. No expenses will be covered other than those expressly stated to be covered in these Terms and Conditions.
7. The Promoter and/or McLaren shall be responsible for making any relevant travel or accommodation arrangements that are expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions.
8. Entrants and the Winner must ensure that they are available to attend all aspects of the Competition and, where relevant, any training or racing events forming part of the Prize. The Promoter shall have no liability to an entrant who is unable to attend or take part in the Competition or the Prize (or any part of it) for whatever reason.
9. Motor racing is dangerous and can involve injury or death. You may be asked to sign waivers when attending training and racing events. By attending any training or racing events forming part of the Competition and/or the Prize, Entrants acknowledge this and confirm that they are aware of the nature of the activity and agree to attend at any racing locations at their own risk. Neither the Promoter, McLaren and/or their respective directors, employees, affiliates, agents and/or representatives shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by any as result of attendance at any racing location, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from any such party’s negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
10. The Entrants’ and Winner’s details (name and country) will be made available on the Promoter’s and the Competition website(s). Entrants/participants hereby consent to the usee of such personal data on such website(s). [MC19]
11. Entrants and the Winner of any part of the Prize shall co-operate with any reasonable publicity arising from this Competition and/or the Prize.
12. The Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter including, without limitation, McLaren) may exercise its sole discretion to use Entrants’ and Winner’s, name and image and their comments relating to the Prize or Competition for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Prize or Competition in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
13. The Winner of the Prize may be required to pay tax on the Prize in accordance with their jurisdiction’s or McLaren’s tax legislation.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from running the Competition.
7. Data Protection
2. By entering the Competition, all Entrants will have consented to the transfer of their Personal Data to the Promoter and to McLaren and their agents for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and the Prize. The Promoter shall be the data controller of all Personal Data collected by the Promoter during the Competition, for the purposes of data protection regulations.
3. The Promoter confirms that all Personal Data requested from an Entrant is necessary for the purposes of that Entrant participating in the Competition and/or obtaining the Prize. Entrants shall be entitled to access, rectify, complete, update, block or delete their Personal Data or to object to its processing by written communication to the Promoter. Personal Data on Entrants’ health will only be processed by the Promoter, McLaren and/or those designated medical services providers exclusively for assessing the Entrants’ suitability for participating in the relevant stages of the Competition.