The next generation of Racing
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox. iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 65,000 members and growing every day.
iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits.
Senior Environment/Material artist
Senior Environment/Material artist
This position will be part of our racetrack art team, which is responsible for the creation and upkeep of the hundreds of racetracks in the iRacing content portfolio. This role reports to the VP of Art and Production and is located in Bedford, MA.
As a Senior Environment/Material artist, you will collaborate with a small interdisciplinary team of artists and developers to create exceptional and lifelike artwork. It is expected that you will be able to take your assets all the way from reference materials collected in the field, through modeling and texturing, and ultimately to final placement in the racetrack environments. This role requires a keen understanding of the natural environment, lighting, and placement, while having the artistic ability to create artwork that is representative of that understanding. Your deliverables will primarily be 2D textures, but the role requires extensive 3D modeling ability to be used during the creation of these textures. As a senior artist, you will be expected to be capable of creating artwork that is benchmark level for the rest of the product and help us push to continuously improve the visual quality of iRacing.
· In this position your primary responsibility will be the creation of high resolution tileable racetrack materials. Examples of such materials include asphalt of various compositions and conditions, concrete, grass, dirt, painted road lines, concrete walls, tire barriers, Armco barriers, gravel traps, racing curbs, racing rumble strips, and more. Your task will include the creation of these materials, and also the placement of them on track geometry using our proprietary track creation tools.
· Collaboration with the team, including the ability to both receive feedback from the leads, and also mentor other artists.
· Participate in the R&D of new techniques and art tools to use in the creation of new methods and product features.
· Ensure that the artistic style of your deliverables is consistent with that of the product as a whole and that set by the art leads.
· Excellent modeling and texturing skills using Autodesk 3D Studio Max (or equivalent) and Adobe Photoshop.
· 5+ years experience working in game development
· Proven track record with at least 2 shipped titles
· Experience with Zbrush
· Extensive experience with physically-based-rendering
· An in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques
· Ability to prioritize tasks and take on more than one project at a time
· Experience retopologizing meshes and baking 3D meshes to texture.
· Photogrammetry experience. To achieve the fidelity required for this position, many of your materials will start from photogrammetry 3D high resolution meshes. Experience with photogrammetry and the workflow of turning photogrammetric reference into in-game assets is a huge plus.
· Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
· A traditional art background
· A background capturing your own reference with photography, and a high-level understanding of cameras.
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA. This is in office position. Not a remote position.
Status: Part-time potentially turning into Full time
Education Required: High School Diploma minimum
Experience Level: Entry Level
Travel Required: Limited
Company Description: iRacing.com creates the world’s most authentic racing simulation software. We organize real-time, online racing, for virtual and real racers and expand motorsport. For more information about iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC, please visit our website at www.iracing.com
Job Description: Looking for a team player who enjoys working with customers to solve problems and strives for excellence.
- Assist with and resolve a wide variety of customer issues via phone and email
- Log and keep records of customer queries
- Troubleshoot system and/or network problems.
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Provide communication to customers on new policies & procedures
- Analyze incoming tracking data and ensure accuracy
- Assist with rollout and implementation of new software projects
- Voice concerns and suggest creative ideas to streamline internal processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist new members with the installation and comprehension of our software.
- Acts as liaison between Developers and Customers.
- Team oriented
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the changing environment
- Able to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook or other similar software packages
- Familiarity with Customer Service Software (the customer relationship management tool). Microsoft CRM or something similar a plus.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the completion of company and departmental goals
- Ability to take ownership and balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data entry skills
Sim racing or Gaming interest is a plus but not necessary.
iRacing provides a rewarding environment and competitive salary and benefit package
Please Email Resumes to: (No phone calls please)
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC
34 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
E-Mail – email@example.com
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Front End Developer
Position Status: Open position located in office Bedford, MA.
Must be eligible for US Employment
Some infrequent travel might be required
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, the industry leader in PC-based racing simulations, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented person to join the web engineering team. This candidate will support creative requests for our marketing team, manage our live broadcasts and WordPress site, and help build our all new RESTful platform being built from the ground up using React, Node, and Socket.io.
This job is an entry to a larger professional role with the development team. This candidate will learn the existing codebase and transition to help build our REACT-based, future-facing website infrastructure.
This is an ambitous, voracious, self-motivated front end web developer who will help carve the future of iRacing. This candidate can work well on a small team, work independently and efficiently on assigned tasks, and is skilled at communicating with team members. This candidate will also be following art direction and can adapt to and read existing code. Finally, this person enjoys a well-placed GIF or terrible pun.
- Support Marketing for creative and website requests (web and print)
- Work on our WordPress public-facing site
- Work with and improve legacy code and existing websites (WordPress, JSP/JS) while getting the opportunity to mock old code and learn from past mistakes
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to plan, develop, and improve web assets using best practices
- Build from wireframes or design spec documents
- Evaluate and integrate emerging technologies
Requirements and Experience
- Web development experience
- HTML5 / CSS / JS / PHP / mySQL
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience building custom WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Image manipulation (Photoshop)
- Experience with vector art (Illustrator)
- Version control system such as GIT
- College degree (BFA or related a bonus)
- Eligible for US Employment
- Single-page App development using React / Gulp / Flux / SASS
- Experience with Bootstrap (4 preferred, 3 is awesome)
- WebSockets (socket.io)
- Oracle DB
- Eclipse (for legacy code)
- Ability and desire to document code
- Fun sense of humor
- Creation of amusing Slack memes
- Great communication skills
We need you. you.
Or, email your resume to email@example.com
User Experience Manager
Location: Bedford, MA
iRacing.com has an exciting opportunity for a User Experience Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is creative and well-versed in racing games. The candidate is experienced in game design and or user experience, support tools and materials for customers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for day-to-day improvements of customer experience.
- Manage and update user guide and other resource documents, websites and FAQ’s.
- Ability to create mock-ups and wire frame designs and work with designers.
- Create new assets to assist in the customer experience. Ability to make complicated features and large amounts of information easily digestible.
- Take lead role in user-experience. Work closely on the user experience portion of the design for existing features, new features and the game UI with executives, designers, web developers and engineers.
- Take lead role in creating driving and educational materials to improve racing skills and comfort in the sim for new customers.
- Help promote racing in general using various tools to stimulate and increase participation
- Assist in supporting several areas including marketing, customer engagement and special events.
- Assist in developing rules, process and documentation for iRacing
- Assist in developing programs and strategies to include fan engagement including in social media.
- Provide industry insights as input into the overall strategy
- Help develop strategies for engaging gaming and racing communities around the world.
- Assist with overall user experience and community as needed.
- Looking for team player, willing to help with general marketing tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Marketing, Media, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Experience creating, monitoring, and managing user experience focus groups or other such measures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience. Working in a user experience role, education or support role, race gaming publisher, game publisher or relevant.
- Experience with DSLR filming, video production, and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, and After Effects.
- Ability to make complicated features and large amounts of information easily digestible.
- A racing fan, experience in the racing industry or racing enthusiast
- Experience with live events or trade show type settings a plus with an eye also towards user-experience.
- Experienced real-world racer, race gamer or sim racer.
- Experience with new-user design.
- Experience in competitive race gaming, professional race gaming, leagues and tournaments a plus.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities to achieve the most favorable outcome.
- Excellent writing skills and editorial acumen.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong understanding and skills for all social media platforms.
- Detail-orientated, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and take initiative
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and relationship building skills.
- Innovative leader committed to delivering results. Positive and high energy.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment
- Capable of working non-standard hours at certain times such as nights, weekends, and travel as needed.
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org