The next generation of Racing
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox. iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 40,000 members and growing every day. iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits. Interested applicants please email Steve Myers at Steve.Myers@iracing.com
Location: Bedford, MA
Position: QA Engineer
Status: Full time
With moderate direction and supervision provide testing and QA support and tracking for racing game application. Conduct thorough requirements, test plans and design reviews and gain an understanding of the functional and non-functional testing requirements. Participate in entire testing lifecycle, including test plans for regression testing, test preparation & test execution. Write software scripts to aid in testing. Specifically, learn to formulate and execute test cases and scripts to determine if the application under test is ready for production. Further develop testing/QA/ software bug process and policies. Work cooperatively and productively with team of software engineers and alpha in-game testing group. Evaluate, track, manage and help prioritize projects and software bugs. Potentially be trained to manage and execute software builds for various environments.
Create and or follow established processes, perform and document test activities for assigned work within agreed upon schedules.
Proficient with scripting languages such as Python for test automation
Develop estimates for the testing effort.
Ensure all test cases and bugs stored in a bug system
Responsible for setting up test data.
Conduct tests, regression testing and report the results.
Manage bugs/problems and provide reports as required.
Develop test plans and reports that are clear, concise, and convey all necessary information to make informed project and deployment decisions.
Facilitate the review of project test plans.
Prioritize test cases and bug fixes based on priority of requirements
Involved in the software build function potentially leading up to being trained to manage and execute software builds
College level coursework or degree within area of responsibility, or equivalent level of skill through on-the-job training, experience and seminars. College undergraduate degree preferred in technology or software engineering fields.
QA application testing and or equivalent application knowledge
Familiarity with C++, Java and web technologies
Strong computer and technical skills
Strong gaming background
Self-driven with excellent organization skills
Basic understanding of test methodologies and testing processes
General understanding of software deployment practices and tools
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills conducive to working in a team environment
Possibility to expand role to other areas including software build deployment & software engineering
This position will be part of the team responsible for 24×7 operation of our infrastructure and services. This position is a key contributor to the identification, management, and implementation of infrastructure and operational projects.
- Identify, maintain, and improve capabilities for:
- monitoring and related reporting for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, compliance, and performance
- maintain operating procedures
- disaster recovery and business continuity
- configuration management
- massive scalability
- Coordinate activities across multiple groups for the following activities:
- Build deployments and other service updates
- Security assessments and incident response
- Regulatory and License Compliance
- Provide technical leadership and develop primary responsibility for at least one area of service delivery for the purpose of cross-training and skill coverage
- Participate in 7/24 hour on-call
- Hands-on administration and ability to code for automation and management of full stack
- Learn and understand application data flows and suggest improvements
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience of 10+ years.
- Experience managing cross-discipline technical infrastructure projects
- Understanding of operating system concepts and the networking stack
- Hands on experience managing critical production infrastructure
- Comfortable working with a breadth of technologies
- Demonstrated ability to code for improved automation and monitoring
- Excellent communication skills
Familiarity with the following is preferred, and expertise required with some of the following technologies:
- Linux and Windows Administration
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Route53, Auto Scaling, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, VPC
- TCP and UDP Networking
- HTTP/S and REST protocols
- VPN / IPSec /OpenVPN
- memcached / Redis
- nginx / Apache / HAProxy / Geo Load-Balancing
- Websphere Application Server / Tomcat / Elastic Beanstalk
- Nagios / Zabbix / Saltstack / Chef
- Cryptography Concepts
- Python / Ruby / Java / C++ / Go
- Oracle / MySQL / NoSQL
- RabitMQ / Oracle Advanced Queueing
- Security and Compliance including certificate management via CA