The next generation of Racing
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox. iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 40,000 members and growing every day. iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits. Interested applicants please email Steve Myers at Steve.Myers@iracing.com
Customer Support Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA. This is in office position. Not a remote position.
Status: Part-time potentially turning into Full time
Education Required: High School Diploma minimum
Experience Level: Entry Level
Travel Required: Limited
Company Description: iRacing.com creates the world’s most authentic racing simulation software. We organize real-time, online racing, for virtual and real racers and expand motorsport. For more information about iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC, please visit our website at www.iracing.com
Job Description: Looking for a team player who enjoys working with customers to solve problems and strives for excellence.
- Assist with and resolve a wide variety of customer issues via phone and email
- Log and keep records of customer queries
- Troubleshoot system and/or network problems.
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Provide communication to customers on new policies & procedures
- Analyze incoming tracking data and ensure accuracy
- Assist with rollout and implementation of new software projects
- Voice concerns and suggest creative ideas to streamline internal processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist new members with the installation and comprehension of our software.
- Acts as liaison between Developers and Customers.
- Team oriented
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the changing environment
- Able to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook or other similar software packages
- Familiarity with Customer Service Software (the customer relationship management tool). Microsoft CRM or something similar a plus.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the completion of company and departmental goals
- Ability to take ownership and balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data entry skills
Sim racing or Gaming interest is a plus but not necessary.
iRacing provides a rewarding environment and competitive salary and benefit package
Please Email Resumes to: (No phone calls please)
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC
34 Crosby Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Or, email your resume to email@example.com
Newly created position located in office Bedford, MA.
Some infrequent travel might be required
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, the industry leader in PC-based racing simulations, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented person to join the web engineering team.
- Maintain and improve current web sites
- Help architect, develop, and improve web assets using best practices
- Evaluate and integrate emerging technologies
Requirements and Experience:
– BS/MS Computer Science
– CSS / Bootstrap
– Eligible for US Employment
– Single-page App development using React / Gulp
– Comfort reading .psd templates and building to their specs
Or, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position based in office in Bedford MA
- Eligible for US Employment
iRacing.com, the industry leader in PC-based racing simulations/racing games, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented person to join the engineering team.
- Aiding in the development and design of new and existing features for the simulation/game
- Programming the game and/or tools using C/C++
- Quality testing of the game in a systematic and thorough way to find problems or bugs
- Solving complex technical problems that occur within the game’s production
- Disseminating knowledge to colleagues and customers
- Understanding complex written and oral information, ideas and instructions
- Working closely with team members to meet the needs of a project or feature
- Performing effectively under pressure and with a sense of urgency
- 5+ years’ experience with C or C++
- Comfortable operating in Windows environment with DirectX
- Game or Simulation experience for PC or Consoles preferred
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge or interest in Motorsport or racing games a plus
- Any experience in the following a plus: Sound engineering, graphics engines, physics, AI, physically-based modeling, controllers, modeling and animation, user-experience design
Or, email your resume to email@example.com