February 27th, 2022 by Chris Leone
Tune in February 27 at 1PM ET/10AM PT to watch sim racers and real pros do battle
Virtual off-road racing makes its return to the CBS Sports Network on Sunday with the 2022 Jim Beaver eSports General Tire eShort Course World Cup presented by Fistful of Bourbon. Broadcast coverage of the premier independent off-road all-star series on iRacing airs on Sunday, February 27 at 1PM ET/10AM PT, with broadcasting legend Ralph Sheheen set to join Evan Posocco, Tiffany Stone, and Jim Beaver in the booth for the first race.
The third annual eShort Course World Cup pits the world’s best sim racers head-to-head with top celebrity racers in a two-race showdown for ultimate short course glory. The action kicks off with the rear-wheel drive Pro 2s doing battle at Bark River International Raceway, before making the switch to the all-wheel drive Pro 4s at Wild West Motorsports Park. With every driver running the same setup and inverts at the front of the field in each race, the playing field is as even as it gets among the 24 invited drivers in the opening round.
Whichever driver scores the most points across two rounds of qualifying, heat races, and features is declared the 2022 eShort Course World Cup champion. In the inaugural event in spring 2020 under the original four-race format, Cam Pedersen swept all four races to make sim racing history; last year, Holden Heitritter added his name to the list. Pedersen will look to regain his crown in 2022 against a stacked list of drivers including Connor Barry, Josh Edmundson, Keaton Swane, Connor Parise, Luke Knupp, and dozens of other top off-road sim racers.
Following the World Cup, the eShort Course Triple Crown continues with two more events: a trip to Detroit Belle Isle for a pavement race with the Pro 2s, and a culminating Pro 4 event at Crandon with more than 50 entries. Real-world professional and celebrity drivers slated to make appearances throughout the 2022 General Tire eShort Course Triple Crown include:
- Travis Pastrana, action sports legend and Nitro Rallycross champion (Crandon)
- Kyle Long, NFL star and eNASCAR team owner (Crandon)
- Josh Bilicki, NASCAR Cup Series driver (World Cup)
- Sheldon Creed, NASCAR Xfinity Series driver (Crandon)
- Anthony Alfredo, NASCAR Xfinity Series driver (World Cup)
- Ryan Vargas, NASCAR Xfinity Series driver (World Cup)
- Jim DeChamp, Nitro Circus athlete (Crandon)
- Mikey Lawrence, professional Trophy Truck driver (World Cup)
- Eliott Watson, professional UTV driver (World Cup)
- Rajah Caruth, ARCA Menards Series driver (World Cup)
- Ford Martin, Monday Night Racing founder (World Cup)
- eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series drivers Blake Reynolds, Michael Guest, Steven Wilson, Dylan Duval, and Cody Byus
Tune in to the CBS Sports Network on Sunday, February 27 at 1PM ET/10AM PT for exclusive television coverage of the 2022 Jim Beaver eSports General Tire eShort Course World Cup presented by Fistful of Bourbon. Following the CBSSN broadcasts, races will be available for on-demand viewing on iRacing’s YouTube channel.