June 7th, 2021 by Chris Leone
iRacing’s ever-expanding slate of AI content continues to grow for the upcoming 2021 Season 3 build, set for release on Wednesday. Multiple cars and nearly 30 track layouts will be making their debut with our virtual racers, giving you more chances to get behind the wheel however and whenever you want!
Here’s a look at some of the new content you can expect to be unlocked, and additional features:
- Porsche 911 GT3 R: iRacing’s newest GT3 joins the fleet of seven machines already enabled for AI use with the upcoming build. The Porsche 911 GT3 R joins the 911 GT3 Cup and 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport as the legendary brand’s third car on the current AI roster, and is the eighth GT3 unlocked for use.
- Rookie Oval Content: Are you a new user who needs some help getting up to speed and doesn’t want to risk ruining anyone else’s race? Not only does the Street Stock make its iRacing AI debut, we’ve also got a number of free paved oval tracks—Langley Speedway, Lanier National Speedway, South Boston Speedway, Southern National Motorsports Park, and Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park—for you to practice on with it.
- Lucas Oil Raceway: In addition to the above free content, Lucas Oil Raceway also joins the iRacing AI oval list. The longtime host of everything from the Carb Night Classic for the Road to Indy, to sprint cars and midgets, the Indianapolis-based facility truly hosts the biggest events on the schedule for some of American motorsport’s best grassroots racing series.
- Rookie Road Course Layouts: Don’t worry, Rookie level road racers—we haven’t left you out! All layouts of England’s Oulton Park and Japan’s Tsukuba Circuit are now unlocked for AI use. We’ve also added a majority of layouts at Oran Park Raceway and Summit Point Raceway, the Chicanes and West Bend Chicane layouts at Lime Rock Park, and the Short layout at Okayama International Circuit.
- Additional Car and Track AI Driver Training: The NASCAR Cup Series, GT3 and GT4, SCCA Spec Racer Ford, and Skip Barber Formula 2000, as well as Lime Rock Grand Prix, Long Beach, and all Okayama layouts will see improvements to AI driver skills. AI drivers have also received a number of quarterly updates to various on-track techniques across the board.