2020 Season 2 Build is HERE!
March 3rd, 2020 by Chris Leone
We’re getting ready for an incredible new season on iRacing, and with it comes an exciting new set of content additions and updates to make your sim racing experience better than ever. Here’s a look at some of what’s new with our latest build—there’s even more to browse in the release notes:
- Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport: Go GT4 racing with Porsche’s nimble challenger, a fun and approachable car for sports car racers of all skill levels. Get behind the wheel in the multi-class IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge and see how it drives for yourself!
- Texas Motor Speedway: A staple of the NASCAR and IndyCar schedules, Texas has been completely rescanned and revamped to reflect its current layout.
- Hell Lankebanen: Norway’s world championship-level rallycross track makes its debut as iRacing’s first permanent rallycross facility. The course layout features elevation changes, off-camber corners, and plenty of challenges for even the most skilled off-road racers.
- Teams: Our Teams section has been rebuilt from the ground up in Beta UI with a number of new features and improvements.
- New AI Content: From the addition of the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge and Dallara F3 to a new Opponent Rosters page, single-player racers will have plenty of new and exciting content to take on.
- New Damage Model: Six cars have received our all-new damage model, including the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, NASCAR K&N Pro Series Chevrolet Impala, Aston Martin and Chevrolet GT1s, and Ford GT GT2. It also includes an all-new scrape system.
- Do Not Count Caution Laps: Want to run your race distance completely green? Now you can! This feature will also be part of our World of Outlaws World Championships later this year.
Click here to read the release notes!