August 1st, 2019 by Chris Leone
The top iRacers in Australia and New Zealand will have the chance to compete for the inaugural Gfinity Supercars Eseries crown in 2019. Supercars has partnered with Gfinity AU to stage a six-event championship, held live at the Gfinity Esports Arena in Sydney and broadcast live on Fox Sports Australia and worldwide via Supercars’ website and social media channels.
From Thursday, August 1 to Saturday, August 3, iRacers will have the chance to set their best Time Trial lap time at Mount Panorama in the Ford Falcon FG or Holden Commodore VF. The time trials are open to all iRacers, but the top 16 drivers from Australia and New Zealand will then compete in a series of three qualifying races on Sunday, August 4 to set up the Gfinity Supercars Eseries Draft on the week of August 5, where 12 of the top iRacers will be selected for the championship.
The six-event schedule commences on Thursday, September 24. Five race weekends will feature a trio of 20-minute sprint races, with the lone exception occurring on August 8, as drivers run 250 kilometers on Mount Panorama ahead of the real-world Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000. The full schedule is as follows:
- September 24: Phillip Island Circuit / Autodromo Nazionale Monza / Suzuka Circuit
- October 8: Mount Panorama
- October 22: Sonoma Raceway / Watkins Glen International / Laguna Seca
- November 5: Nurburgring GP / Circuit Park Zandvoort / Circuit de la Sarthe
- November 12: Silverstone Circuit / Oulton Park Circuit / Brands Hatch Circuit
- November 19: Oran Park Raceway / Phillip Island Circuit / Mount Panorama Circuit
The top five drivers in the championship will each earn a share of AUD$26,500. The champion will earn AUD$10,000, while second through fifth will earn AUD$7,500, AUD$5,000, AUD$2,500, and AUD$1,500.
For more information on the Gfinity Supercars Eseries, visit eseries.supercars.com.