October 30th, 2018 by Kevin Bobbitt
It Pays to Race: Earn up to $10 per season ($40 per year) of iRacing Credit for Race Participation in Official Series
Race Participation Credit Program – Details
- Member needs to participate in 8 different race weeks out of 12 week season in a specific official series. If a “shortened season” it will be prorated based on drop weeks. For example, if an 8 week season with 2 drop weeks member will need to participate in 6 race weeks.
- Applies to any series you are eligible. For example, if member is an “A” license class driver may participate in a lower license class and still receive credit.
- Member must score championship points in the race session to qualify.
- Only Race Sessions in Official Series Count
- Sessions in Pro, Premier, and Rookie Series do NOT COUNT
- Sessions in 13th week do NOT count
Definition of Participation
- Need to score championship points for your race session, and complete at least 50% of the number of laps completed by the class winner in your class.
- For odd number of laps will truncate. For example if the winner of a race/car class ran 17 laps you would need to complete only 8 laps versus 9 laps.
- If everyone crashes out in a race it will still count as a race session for racing credit purposes. The 50% calculation will still be made to count anybody who completed 50% of the laps done by the leading car.
- Series that span across multiple standard iRacing seasons do not count toward the race participation credit program. Examples include but are not limited to: NASCAR iRacing Series (fixed and open), NASCAR Peak Antifreeze Series, iRacing Drivers World Championship Grand Prix Series.
Credit Payout and payout mechanism
- $4 iRacing Credit per Official Series C & D
- $7 iRacing Credit per Official Series A & B
- Maximum Credit per season is $10
The Credits will be calculated during the 13th week and automatically added to your account. You can verify it in your order history within your account settings.